Summer Homeless Survival Fund
As desert temps rise this summer, often 110 degrees and higher, sleeping outside can be life-threatening. Please join a local effort to establish overnight shelters for homeless people in western Coachella Valley. Read more
About 100 Coachella Valley youths gathered June 8 at Bagdouma Park Swimcenter for a swim lesson and a ton of fun! Read more
Rezoning the District
Come fall 2019, where will you live in the Desert Healthcare District? Consider three maps that redraw the Coachella Valley into seven zones. Read more
Coachella Valley residents participate in listening forums designed to help the District identify priorities in its newly annexed area. Read more
District grant supports equine therapy for Coachella Valley residents.
Fit at Any Age
New class gives seniors a leg up on gaining strength and balance.
Indio Leaders Recognize District
City Council acknowledges Desert Healthcare District and Foundation's expansion and support of nonprofits.
Community Grants Funded
$62,630,040.60Learn more about our grants and how to apply »
Desert Healthcare District & Foundation
To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
To help fund the shelters, the Desert Health Care District and Foundation created the Summer Homeless Survival Fund. It would supply some of the $280,000 needed to have an overnight shelter in Palm Springs, Cathedral City, and Desert Hot Springs through the summer.Read More »
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board of Directors named Dr. Conrado E. Bárzaga as its new chief executive officer on Tuesday, June 11. Dr. Bárzaga brings more than 20 years of experience as a nonprofit leader in the public health and public policy field.Read More »
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation wants residents to help decide where re-zoning lines will be drawn in preparation for next year's elections, when four seats will be voted upon. The aim is to include portions of the valley in each zone that are similar, not just in health needs, but also in demographic areas.Read More »
- Next District Board Meeting Agenda
- Next District Board Meeting Packet
- Next Foundation Board Meeting Agenda
- Next Foundation Board Meeting Packet
- Previous District Board Meeting Minutes
- Previous Foundation Board Meeting Minutes
- June 4, 2019 Foundation Special Meeting of the Board Audio Recording
- May 28, 2019 Board Meeting Audio Recording Part 1
- May 28, 2019 Board Meeting Audio Recording Part 2
- Strategic Plan
- Adopted Budget
- Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Grant Payments Schedule - District
- Grant Payments Schedule - Foundation
- Board Policy Manual
- Hospital Lease Agreement - May 30, 1997 - Desert Hospital District and Tenet HealthSystem Desert Inc.
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Regulatory Compliance Presentation
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Retrofit Project Report
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - BEV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - FMV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Market Analysis - March 2017