New York Times: Prioritizing Farmworkers
The landmark initiative of Riverside County and the Coachella Valley Equity Collaborative to vaccinate farmworkers is the first of its kind in the U.S. Read more.
Resolution Addresses Funding Question
On May 26, 2020, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board approved a historic resolution to use all funds District-wide. Here's what it means: One Coachella Valley Resolution.
Overnight Cooling Centers Aid Homeless
Individuals experiencing homelessness in western Coachella Valley now have a place indoors to sleep, thanks to collaborative efforts. To help with center expenses, please give here.
District Approves Zone Map
On Oct. 22, 2019, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board unanimously approved seven new zones for the election process. Each zone is represented by a Board Director. Read more
Get Help with Behavioral Health
Need help with behavioral health? Not sure? You can ask someone who has been there by calling a Riverside County peer navigation line. Learn more here.
A New Era of the District
On January 10, 2019, U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, MD, introduced the November 2018 expansion of the Desert Healthcare District into the Congressional Record. Read what he wrote here.
Mental Health Awareness Month
Each May brings awareness to behavioral health challenges. During this month, we will spotlight issues affecting our residents and the services that are available here.
Community Grants Funded
$77,362,776.60Learn more about our grants and how to apply »
Desert Healthcare District & Foundation
To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
The district and its partners plan to continue health outreach through the mobile unit, as well as bring educational opportunities to those areas, according to a feasibility study completed by the district.Read More »
The Desert Healthcare District ("District") will receive sealed bids for the Las Palmas Medical Plaza Completion of Automatic Fire Sprinkler System Project at the office of the District no later than 2 p.m. on July 8, 2021, at which time or thereafter bids will be opened and read aloud. Read the complete notice here.Read More »
Both first and second doses will be administered over the next several weeks across multiple school campuses. Each site will have about 1,500 doses.Read More »
- Board of Directors Meeting District Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting District Packet
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Packet
- Special Meeting of the Board Minutes
- Previous District Board Meeting Minutes
- Previous Foundation Board Meeting Minutes
- May 25, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting Video Recording
- Strategic Plan
- Adopted Operating Budget
- District Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Foundation Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Desert Hospital Retirement Protection Plan (RPP) Audit Reports
- Grant Payments Schedule - District
- Grant Payments Schedule - Foundation
- Board Policy Manual
- Hospital Lease Agreement - May 30, 1997 - Desert Hospital District and Tenet HealthSystem Desert Inc.
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Regulatory Compliance Presentation
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Retrofit Project Report
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - BEV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - FMV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Market Analysis - March 2017
- AB 1234 Ethics Training Certifications
- AB 1661 2021 Harassment Training Certifications
- FPCC Form 802