Schools, healthcare district and partners expand COVID-19 vaccine opportunities through annual TDAP clinics
Protection against COVID-19 is now included among the vaccines Coachella Valley students can receive when preparing to return to school in late summer.
Starting Monday, July 26, students within the Desert Sands Unified and Palm Springs Unified school districts, who are 12 years old and older, will be offered a COVID-19 vaccine at TDAP clinics. The clinics traditionally provide vaccines against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis before classes resume. Students and their family members can access the COVID-19 vaccine at clinics at various school campuses, school district offices and other locations.
The vaccine opportunity is provided through the collaboration of Desert Healthcare District and Foundation, Borrego Health, Rite Aid Pharmacies and the school districts. Here's the schedule:
Nellie Coffman Middle School (34603 Plumley Road, Cathedral City)
- Monday, July 26 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointment: Please call (760) 423-5090
DSUSD District Offices (47950 Dune Palms Road, La Quinta)
- Tuesday, July 27 10 a.m. to noon
- Thursday, July 29 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
North Gate Community Church (30010 Date Palm Drive, Cathedral City)
- Wednesday, July 28 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Appointment: Please call (760) 423-5090
Desert Springs Middle School (66755 Two Bunch Palms Trail, Desert Hot Springs)
- Friday, July 30 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Appointment: Please call (760) 423-5090
Indio Middle School (81-195 Miles Ave., Indio)
- Tuesday, August 3 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson Middle School (83-089 CA-111, Indio)
- Thursday, August 5 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Desert Ridge Academy (79-767 Ave. 39, Indio)
- Tuesday, August 10 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.