How to Apply
Begin with creating an account on the DHCD grant management software.
Skip to Step 2
The grant application process begins by completing an initial mini-grant application
The initial mini-grant application will need to be accompanied by:
- 501(c)3 determination letter
- Project budget using the DHCD budget template
- Profit and Loss Statement (P&L) and Balance Sheet
- Grantee FY Budget
The grants management staff will review the initial mini-grant application and financial forms
- All prospective grantees undergo a legal, financial, and programmatic review to ensure eligibility and financial health
- If pre-qualified, the District staff will contact the applicant for a proposal conference and/or site visit
- Access to the final online mini-grant application will be granted after all pre-qualifications by the applicant are met (Step 3)
Complete Final Mini-Grant Application
The applicant completes the final mini-grant application, which includes any updates to the initial mini-grant application.
CEO Review and Approval
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will review the grant program staff recommendation and either:
- Approve the request - Once a grant is approved, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation grant program staff will work with the funded organization to finalize logistical items such as contracts, deliverables, payment schedules and reporting
- Decline the request
A single report identifying outcomes, the number of people served, deliverables, and providing copies of all receipts is required within 30 days of the project end date.