Annual Report: Desert Healthcare District & Foundation Awards $6.3 Million in Grants and Other Funds in 2022
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation released its 2022 annual report on March 1, spotlighting the achievements of a collaborative and equitable approach to advancing health and wellness in the Coachella Valley.
The report, available in English and Spanish, presents the impact of the District and Foundation's grants program and seven public health initiatives including its COVID-19 response.
"As a healthcare district, it is important each year to evaluate our progress in fulfilling our mission and the goals of our five-year strategic plan," said Conrado Bárzaga, Desert Healthcare District and Foundation CEO. "The 2022 annual report provides an overview of how we successfully addressed the community's health and wellness needs, and it informs the decisions we make going forward. I am especially proud of the work our Board, staff, and community partners did last year."
Highlights of the annual report include:
- The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation has awarded $92.7 million since 1998.
- In 2022, more than $6.3 million was awarded through grants, social services and fiscal sponsorships.
- 36 organizations received funds last year to support services and programs benefitting Coachella Valley residents.
- A 26-foot mobile medical clinic was acquired and launched to provide services in underserved communities.
- The COVID-19 response in 2022 included an additional 7,960 vaccine doses administered to residents at 138 vaccination events, which advanced the number of vaccines to over 47,000 since the start of the program.
For more information, including the projected number of residents impacted by awarded funds and details on our public health initiatives, please read our annual report (English, Spanish).
Please direct media inquiries to Will Dean, director of communications and marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation
The Desert Healthcare District is a local government agency formed in 1948. Its mission is to achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents. The District includes more than 400,000 residents and encompasses the entire Coachella Valley. The District and Desert Healthcare Foundation, together, are one of the largest funders in the valley. These funds are used to assist residents — especially the underserved — in accessing vitally needed resources, such as primary and behavioral healthcare. Learn more at dhcd.org.