COVID-19 Vaccine Schedule
Vaccination shots for the COVID-19 virus are underway across Riverside County. Here's a look at the vaccine schedule and how the tiers are defined, courtesy of Riverside University Health System.
District seeks input on grants process
The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation grants team would like to hear from its community partners. Please take a few minutes to complete a 20-question survey here.
New York Times: Prioritizing Farmworkers
The landmark initiative of Riverside County and the Coachella Valley Equity Collaborative to vaccinate farmworkers is the first of its kind in the U.S. Read more.
Resolution Addresses Funding Question
On May 26, 2020, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board approved a historic resolution to use all funds District-wide. Here's what it means: One Coachella Valley Resolution.
District Approves Zone Map
On Oct. 22, 2019, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board unanimously approved seven new zones for the election process. Each zone is represented by a Board Director. Read more
Get Help with Behavioral Health
Need help with behavioral health? Not sure? You can ask someone who has been there by calling a Riverside County peer navigation line. Learn more here.
Overnight Cooling Centers Aid Homeless
Individuals experiencing homelessness in western Coachella Valley now have a place indoors to sleep, thanks to collaborative efforts. To help with center expenses, please give here.
A New Era of the District
On January 10, 2019, U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, MD, introduced the November 2018 expansion of the Desert Healthcare District into the Congressional Record. Read what he wrote here.
Where there's smoke ...
A new three-year study shows that 35.4 percent of U.S. youths, ages 3-17, were exposed to second-hand smoke. The greatest exposure was among those under 11. More findings
COVID-19 Antibody Tests in the Valley
With the financial support of the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation, three federally qualified health centers in the Coachella Valley offer the antibody test. Check out the testing criteria here.
Community Grants Funded
$76,351,871.60Learn more about our grants and how to apply »
Desert Healthcare District & Foundation
To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
Coachella Valley Equity Collaborative brings 10,000 COVID-19 vaccines to valley farmworkers and other underserved residents
The collaborative's focus remains firmly on acquiring additional vaccine doses as outreach continues. The Desert Healthcare District and Foundation is working with the county, federally qualified health centers and pharmacies, with a goal of achieving herd immunity in Thermal, Mecca, Oasis and North Shore.Read More »
The District and Foundation awards grants in five funding strategic areas: Healthcare Infrastructure and Services; Behavioral Health/Mental Health; Homelessness; Vital Human Services to People with Chronic Conditions; and Economic Protection, Recovery, and Food Security.Read More »
- Board of Directors Meeting District Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting District Packet
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Packet
- Previous District Board Meeting Minutes
- Previous Foundation Board Meeting Minutes
- February 23, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting Video Recording
- Strategic Plan
- Adopted Operating Budget
- District Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Foundation Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Desert Hospital Retirement Protection Plan (RPP) Audit Reports
- Grant Payments Schedule - District
- Grant Payments Schedule - Foundation
- Board Policy Manual
- Hospital Lease Agreement - May 30, 1997 - Desert Hospital District and Tenet HealthSystem Desert Inc.
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Regulatory Compliance Presentation
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Retrofit Project Report
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - BEV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - FMV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Market Analysis - March 2017
- AB 1234 Ethics Training Certifications
- AB 1661 2021 Harassment Training Certifications
- FPCC Form 802