Coachella Valley Health Survey Results
On March 31, HARC released the results of its community-wide health survey, The survey was supported with funding from the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation. Read the results here.
District Approves Zone Map
On Oct. 22, 2019, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board unanimously approved seven new zones for the election process. Each zone is represented by a Board Director. Read more
Get Help with Behavioral Health
Need help with behavioral health? Not sure? You can ask someone who has been there by calling a Riverside County peer navigation line. Learn more here.
A New Era of the District
On January 10, 2019, U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, MD, introduced the November 2018 expansion of the Desert Healthcare District into the Congressional Record. Read what he wrote here.
East Valley Grant Process Begins
Nonprofit organizations and public agencies whose work aligns with the Desert Healthcare Foundation's mission and vision are encouraged to apply for funding. Read the Request for Proposals here.
Financial Help is Available
COVID-19 is impacting our lives & livelihood in many ways. With the support of the Desert Healthcare District & many other partners, Lift To Rise's Economic Preparation & Protection Plan offers help with food, housing, medical care and financial relief here.
City Keeps Warming Center Open
Individuals experiencing homelessness in Palm Springs now have a place indoors to sleep, as the city has extended operation of its emergency heating center. Please give here.
Are you covered?
Open enrollment for affordable health insurance through the state of California has started. To find out if you qualify for assistance, visit Covered CA here.
The Risks of Vaping
As a national debate wages about the health risks associated with vaping, the CDC studies the effects of vapes with vitamin E acetate. Read the report here.
Nearly 1 in 5 children is affected by obesity, according to the CDC. Many factors contribute to it, including lack of activity, and there are various ways to treat it. Read more
Federal policy's local impact
A change in U.S. rule could have adverse effects on immigrant families and the Coachella Valley economy. Read more
Where there's smoke ...
A new three-year study shows that 35.4 percent of U.S. youths, ages 3-17, were exposed to second-hand smoke. The greatest exposure was among those under 11. More findings
Community Grants Funded
$75,646,895.60Learn more about our grants and how to apply »
Desert Healthcare District & Foundation
To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
- Next District Board Meeting Agenda
- Next District Board Meeting Packet
- Next Foundation Board Meeting Agenda
- Next Foundation Board Meeting Packet
- Previous District Board Meeting Minutes
- Previous Foundation Board Meeting Minutes
- May 26, 2020 Board of Directors Meeting Audio
- Strategic Plan
- Adopted Operating Budget
- District Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Foundation Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Desert Hospital Retirement Protection Plan (RPP) Audit Reports
- Grant Payments Schedule - District
- Grant Payments Schedule - Foundation
- Board Policy Manual
- Hospital Lease Agreement - May 30, 1997 - Desert Hospital District and Tenet HealthSystem Desert Inc.
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Regulatory Compliance Presentation
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Retrofit Project Report
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - BEV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - FMV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Market Analysis - March 2017
- AB 1234 Ethics Training Certifications
- AB 1661 Harassment Training Certifications
- FPCC Form 802