Resolution Addresses Funding Question
On May 26, 2020, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board approved a historic resolution to use all funds District-wide. Here's what it means: One Coachella Valley Resolution.
Grant-Making Guidelines Change
New grantmaking guidelines, as approved by our Board on May 26 in response to COVID-19, will be introduced during a grantmaking webinar on August 10. Read more here to participate.
Make It Count
If you haven't participated in the 2020 Census yet, you have until Sept. 30 to ensure you and your family are counted. Coachella Valley participation numbers are below the state and nation. Learn more about participating online or by phone here.
COVID-19 Antibody Tests in the Valley
With the financial support of the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation, three federally qualified health centers in the Coachella Valley offer the antibody test. Check out the testing criteria here.
Coachella Valley Health Survey Results
On March 31, HARC released the results of its community-wide health survey, The survey was supported with funding from the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation. Read the results here.
District Approves Zone Map
On Oct. 22, 2019, the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation Board unanimously approved seven new zones for the election process. Each zone is represented by a Board Director. Read more
East Valley Grant Process Begins
Nonprofit organizations and public agencies whose work aligns with the Desert Healthcare Foundation's mission and vision are encouraged to apply for funding. Read the Request for Proposals here.
Get Help with Behavioral Health
Need help with behavioral health? Not sure? You can ask someone who has been there by calling a Riverside County peer navigation line. Learn more here.
Overnight Cooling Centers Aid Homeless
Individuals experiencing homelessness in western Coachella Valley now have a place indoors to sleep, thanks to collaborative efforts. To help with center expenses, please give here.
A New Era of the District
On January 10, 2019, U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, MD, introduced the November 2018 expansion of the Desert Healthcare District into the Congressional Record. Read what he wrote here.
Are you covered?
Open enrollment for affordable health insurance through the state of California has started. To find out if you qualify for assistance, visit Covered CA here.
The Risks of Vaping
As a national debate wages about the health risks associated with vaping, the CDC studies the effects of vapes with vitamin E acetate. Read the report here.
Federal policy's local impact
A change in U.S. rule could have adverse effects on immigrant families and the Coachella Valley economy. Read more
Where there's smoke ...
A new three-year study shows that 35.4 percent of U.S. youths, ages 3-17, were exposed to second-hand smoke. The greatest exposure was among those under 11. More findings
Community Grants Funded
$76,351,871.60Learn more about our grants and how to apply »
Desert Healthcare District & Foundation
To achieve optimal health at all stages of life for all District residents.
Connecting Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness services and programs through philanthropy, health facilities, information and community education, and public policy.
Getting a flu vaccine is even more important this year because of the threat of COVID-19. Either respiratory virus can strain our health care system, but together our medical offices and hospitals could be overwhelmed.Read More »
Journalist Marcos Palma talks with Alejandro Espinoza, senior program officer and director of outreach for the Desert Healthcare District and Foundation, about the District's initiative to connect Coachella Valley residents to health and wellness resources. You can also check it out yourself at cvhip.com.Read More »
The District is buying 12 to 18 Abbott ID NOW machines, which can produce diagnostic results almost immediately, eliminating the need for swab tests to be sent to out for processing.Read More »
- Board of Directors Meeting District Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting District Packet
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Agenda
- Board of Directors Meeting Foundation Packet
- Previous District Board Meeting Minutes
- Previous Foundation Board Meeting Minutes
- September 22, 202o Audio Recording
- Strategic Plan
- Adopted Operating Budget
- District Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Foundation Financial Statements and Audit Reports
- Desert Hospital Retirement Protection Plan (RPP) Audit Reports
- Grant Payments Schedule - District
- Grant Payments Schedule - Foundation
- Board Policy Manual
- Hospital Lease Agreement - May 30, 1997 - Desert Hospital District and Tenet HealthSystem Desert Inc.
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Regulatory Compliance Presentation
- SGH Phase 1 - Desert Regional Medical Center Seismic/Retrofit Project Report
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - BEV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Desert Regional Medical Center 2018 Hospital Appraisal - FMV Valuation Report - VMG Health
- Market Analysis - March 2017
- AB 1234 Ethics Training Certifications
- AB 1661 Harassment Training Certifications
- FPCC Form 802